""

Monday, March 18, 2013

Cafe España

Cafe España
63 Old Compton St
Soho, London
Tube: Piccadilly Circus/Leicester Square

What a disappointment! Cafe España is a Spanish restaurant with also a lot of Italian dishes on the menu. Since I spent my two last summers in both Spain and Italy I was hoping for some good hearty food from two of my favourite countries.  Well, this was not close to tasting like it did in Spain. I always get excited when it seems like the staff origins from the same country as the food they are serving, but that didn't improve my impression here. I actually think the staff was kind of rude and this was even before "rush hour".


I think this picture speaks for itself. I ordered
Cordero Asaro (roast of lamb) £7.95
I used to think that roast of lamb is a "safe" dish. It's always delicious... well that is if you can taste it.  The potatoes were really greasy, the carrot and peas were under seasoned. The meat might have been ok but I couldn't taste any of it because the sauce flooded my steak. And the sauce that was also VERY salty. Not to mention how it looked. The plating was really sloppy. 
 
For dessert I ordered the Queso con Manzana (house cheese) £4.50
It's so clear that they don't even care about the food. I got three slices of cheese on a plate, and to my surprise they were all the same cheese. It was all Manchego cheese, which the waiter didn't even care to mention what kind it was. 
 
The restaurant is lucky to have such a good location and I guess a lot of tourists will keep this restaurant going, but I can not recommend anyone to come here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kommenter gjerne blogginnlegget