""

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Drink, Shop & Do

Drink, Shop & Do
9 Caledonian Road
Kings Cross, London
Tube: Kings Cross Station
 
Drink, Shop & Do is one of my best experiences from London.  You walk in to something that looks like a small shop realizing that further in you have a lovely retro café and a pub/restaurant in the basement. This cafe is just "my cup of tea" and that is one of the things from the menu they are famous for; their afternoon tea.  

I just love the interior in this cozy café!


Drink, Shop & Do really is a suitable name for this café. Drink: Come here for afternoon tea or a cocktail. Shop: Local designers are showing their work and apparently everything you can find in the cafe is for sale, from furniture to vintage tea sets. Do: Every week has a new "schedule" with different things to do. Pearling bracelets, vintage pin-up hair and make-up, ukulele lessons and bending balloons are some of the options.
 
This is the first thing you see when you enter Drink, Shop & Do

Cool Cards for sale

 
 When you go downstairs you enter the Drink, Shop and Dance bar. This is where we had our lunch. I was told that it was originally a strip club in the old days and the vibe downstairs is totally different from the café on the first floor. The walls are painted black and the feeling is more cool and modern.

The bar in the basement

Creative wall decorations with different kinds of amplifiers

 
I was feeling a bit naughty sitting there in an old strip club so I ordered me a Bloody Mary, or like they name it: DSD Bloody Maria.
Pink peppercorn infused Tequila, Harveys Bristol Cream, Spicy Sauce, Worcester Sauce, Salt, Pepper, Celery Bitters & Lemon. Shaken with Tomato Juice & served with Celery
 
 My lunch was a
Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Tart, served with Lentil Halloumi and Vegs salad £7.50
 It's the first time I've tasted the combination of Goat Cheese and Pumpkin and it works really well. It's also the first time I've had Lentil Halloumi's, so a lot of new tastes for me. I loved it! If I have to comment on something about the food it has to be about the texture. It would be nice with something crispy in the dish since both the tart and the vegetables are really soft. I'm also going to give thumbs up for the Bloody Maria. If you enjoy a good Bloody Mary you should taste with Tequila and chili instead of Vodka and Tabasco.  I've sometimes made it back home and call it a Slutty Mary.
 
If you are visiting or living in London and you enjoy retro style - this place is a must! I so wished I was staying longer in London and could experience the vintage pin-up hair and make-up with some afternoon tea. Maybe next time, because this is a place I definitively will revisit!

1 comment:

  1. Dette så ut som et kult sted! Hit skal jeg dra neste gang det blir Londontur!:)

    ReplyDelete

Kommenter gjerne blogginnlegget